About Me

My photo
Hospital Information Systems Integration Analyst....whatever that is. Welcome to the rustbelt

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Long ago and far away......


If I am going to do a blog, I think I would like to have it serve as a journal, of sorts. I don't have time to do a journal AND a blog, so I may delve back into the past from time to time to supplement what is going on in the N O W. As I think about it, the only bloggers that I know that knew the guy in this picture are fab 50s and doin' the laundry.

Define irony. I meet ThatNat...a lovely, beautiful, smart, no nonsense woman to start a future with and here I am in O hi O surrounded by images and feelings from the past. At the time this picture was taken in NE Thailand, the US was carpet bombing Cambodia. Thirteen Kent State students had been shot 5 miles from here by their own countrymen 2 years earlier while protesting our involvement in that sad little country. Four of them died and Neil Young wrote the song that is #1 on my playlist. In Thailand I was trying to teach people who were happy as Buddhists about a white American who started a religion that came into it's own about 10 miles to the north of this spot. The week I arrived here in July, former sec of defense Robert McNamara died. It's all a little spooky to me. Fortunately, I am familiar with one aspect of things here in Ohio. My work. I thought I was done with hospitals. Turns out, I just needed a 3 year break. Time to break ties with Oregon, get to know my grandchildren and find Natalie. Easy, right? Integrating clinical hospital systems is nothin' in comparison.

8 comments:

Sherry Carpet said...

what are those pictures pinned above the desk?

Grady Tripp said...

There is a Laotian flag that I picked up on a trip up there to get a visa extension. There is a map of California and a drawing of Joe Cool (Snoopy) from Ceri. The bigger posters are less cheesy versions of those that the church puts out theses days. There is a radio that I used to listen to "Voice of America" That is how I heard about the murder of Israeli Athletes at the 1972 Olympics in Munich.

Sherry Carpet said...

it's a very romantic picture. you should write a screenplay that deals with all these intersecting events across eras.

richard dandelion said...

I knew what writing talent I had came from somewhere. Thanks for starting this, and sharing it. I can't wait for more.

Sherry Carpet said...

more! more!

Man Child said...

Hey! We are both anal....ysts. Cool blog dad. I look forward to reading it in the future and filling the comment sections with more lame jokes.

Miss seein ya.

Natalie said...

I'm so glad you are doing this! Such a great way to keep everyone up-date on life and times in Ohio. I love you.

Lola said...

O hi Dad. love the layout. can't wait to hear more. MORE!